Meet the Mustang Messenger! Our student contributors have written about themselves and their writing interests:
- Hi! My name is Mariam Imran and I’m a grade 12 student. I like to write knit and bake in my spare time and my favourite subjects are Chemistry and Math. This year I’m a part of equity, MIB and obviously the news team. I’m interested in writing about social justice issues and how we can deal with them at MD.
- My name is Ben Hartshorn and I am a Grade 11 student at MD. I am an avid writer and enjoy many different hobbies such as playing/composing music and outdoorsmanship. I’m hugely passionate about the environment and a member of our school’s eco club, news team, MIB and student government this year. My interest and involvement in the eco club has led me to write eco-related articles for the Mustang Messenger.
- Hey! My name is Zopash Raja and I am a Grade 10 student at MD. I’m a member of the MD news team. I love writing articles, reading books, taking pictures and playing badminton. I also like writing about human rights. My favourite subjects are Science and healthcare. I’m new to the MD and looking forward to participating in the school’s other activities.
- My name is Kathan Kapoor and I am a grade 9 student at MDHS. I have many hobbies including playing musical instruments (such as the guitar, ukulele, and trumpet), playing pool, reading and writing. I look forward to writing about events that happen in our school and social justice issues. While I am in grade 9, I am looking forward to joining many new clubs and extracurriculars.
- Hiii! My name is Diya Shah and I’m a grade 9 student at MD! I’ve lots of different hobbies including reading, playing sports, photography, writing, baking, and traveling. I love writing about the community and social justice issues. I can’t wait to write articles and for you guys to see them! As I’m new to MD this year I look forward to participating in other clubs and helping out the community! 🙂
- Hi everyone, my name is Iman Umair-Qaiser, and I’m a grade 12 student at MDHS. I like reading just about anything, but my favourite genre is science fiction. I enjoy writing short stories and poetry, and my favourite subjects are English, Biology, and Chemistry. I hope you enjoy reading our student written articles about the happenings at MDHS!
- Hi, my name is Vinothan. I am a grade 10 student. My interests include psychology, philosophy, sociology and environmental justice. I am part of the eco club and am looking forward to writing eco-related articles. I am looking forward to working at the News team and making new friends 🙂
- Hey everyone, my name is Rayed. I am in Grade 10. Some of my interests and hobbies are writing, reading, editing, human rights issues and acting. These were my motivations to join The News Team and write about these topics happening in MD and around the world. If you are interested in any of those topics. Look out for my articles.